Thursday, December 9, 2010

Weeeeee are the Championssss

My roommate Blake Day and myself won the BYU Men's Doubles Racquetball tournament this morning.

After a first round loss, we fought our way back to the championship. Our opponents, Mr. Thiriot and Mr. Glade, were formidable opponents. You have to win two games out of three to win the match. We lost our first game, destroyed them 15-3 our second game, and won 11-5 the third game to win the match!

It wasn't over.

Because they hadn't lost, we had to beat them twice (double elimination). After the first match, Mr. Thiriot started having back spasms. We had to reschedule the second match for the following night. He showed up and said "I am too injured to play". So.. after a lot of discussion, we said "Okay. Tomorrow morning 7am."

We showed up about 6:50 and realized they had been there for a while warming up. Their wives were also in attendance. We lost the first game 15-12, destroyed them 15-5 the second game, and in the third game we were down 10-7. Game on the line, one point to go, I returned their serve and then Blake killed it in the back corner. Down 10-7, we scored four points in a row to win 11-10. Victory! We won the championship!!!!

It was a great morning. I will post pictures soon. I love racquetball.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there to see you and Blake!! What a long match...bet you are glad it's over! You still have it Cliff!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racquetball? You play racquetball? And you work at the MTC? And you are dating a girl? And you go to school full time? And you have 2 blogs? (I'm sure I'm forgetting something). Is there anything you can't do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cliff has a clone running around!

    ReplyDelete