Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Wednesdays


You know what happens every Wednesday? Well first, country swing dancing at the REC. Holy cow that is fun. But even cooler.... new missionaries arrive. Every Wednesday floods of cars pour in to the MTC lot to drop off the new Elders and Sisters. As I was walking to work today, I realized how exactly two years ago I was one of them. The only thing that is different is time. Time is the only thing that separates us. I have been on this earth for 2 years longer than those new elders and sisters, but in those two years I did things that have changed who I am and who I will become. I had the realization today of how valuable time really is. If in two years I became who I am today, what will I be like in 5? 10? 50? What are you doing with your time?

4 comments:

  1. Well, right now I am using time to write a comment on your blog. Just kidding--I like the thought. Yes, time has turned you into a teacher at the MTC instead of a missionary there. I'm sure you are a great MTC teacher. I wish I could see you in action. And today I might use my time by taking a nap with Blake while Julianna's at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kera made me laugh:) You're right about time...it's precious and we should use it to become the best we can be. If we don't, we get stuck in a routine and don't progress. Lately I have been tapping into my creative genes by working on little projects around my house. I've painted a few things and rearranged accessories. This may sound boring to you, but I've really enjoyed it and learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to think I am using my time wisely. Although, there is always room for improvement. Most times I feel like there isn't enough time to do all the things I would like to do though. I think there is a talk from Pres. Packer about him saying if you read your scriptures first no matter what, you will have the time to do what you need to do throughout the day. And then there was just Pres. Uchtdorf's talk about time and choosing priortizing what things to fill it with. I loved that talk. Anyways, nice thought, Cliff. It's important to always keep it in mind, and I am constantly trying to do a better job at that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I'm with Kera about snagging a nap when I can, and with Karina too about doing creative projects with my time also. Both of those things I wish I had more time for!

    ReplyDelete