Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Influence of Righteous Sisters



I often wonder what affect my childhood had on me, being raised with 4 older sisters and no brothers. I remember the first day of 1st grade I ordered Nike Shoes online, got them, and Callie had to see me with them on to make a judgment.

I remember in the 8th grade, school clothes shopping, Karina and Cindel helped me buy some sweet Pumas. I even wore them in the 8th grade basketball championship where I was made fun of because of my non-basketball shoe footwear. I knew better, though, because my totally awesome sisters told me they looked good.

Today I received my weekly newsletter from Nordstrom. If that doesn't scream "He grew up in a house of girls" I don't know what does. It was advertising a HUGE shoe sale. like 40-60 percent off all shoes. SO, I bought the vans you see above for 30 bucks. Who can pass up a deal like that?!

I am thankful for having sisters.

Oh btw, if you are reading this, check out nordstrom.com for some sweet shoe deals!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure this post could be so much deeper, on many levels. We have to have affected you more than just the way you buy clothes and shoes. I will never forget how I always told you not to laugh so high-pitched so you would try to laugh lower. I'm sure Callie, Karina, and Cindel have way more memories with you than me! I am so glad to have you as my one and only brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those vans are sweet! Yes, we are the best, don't ever forget it! :). Love you Cliff. I think you teach all of us more than we have ever taught you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could go super deep, but blogging in class doesn't allow for the deeper side of things. Perhaps I will have a round 2 post of the sister's topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really what I meant by going deeper--yes I think you should have another post on this topic--I would love to learn more!

    And how do you blog in class?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i just love you Cliff!! I am proud I had an influence on your style :) I LOVE those vans by the way, and for 30 bucks?! Good deal. We are so lucky to have you as a brother!

    ReplyDelete