Friday, May 27, 2011

Fun Mission Story

My wallpaper on my computer flashes through mission pictures... this one made me laugh.

One time I went to see an investigator, and there was a large dead cat sitting on their driveway all mangled. The kids were circling the "gato" on their scooters laughing, so I went to the woman of the home (Maria) and said "Quiere que saque el gato?" "Do you want me to get rid of the cat?"

She said "Si" So I proceeded to ask for a pala (shovel) and scooped it up. The question then came to mind "Okay, where do I put this nasty thing?" There were no trash cans around, so I decided to go chuck it in the neighbors yard by the fence where he wouldn't see it. Unfortunately, right as I tossed the cat into his property, he came outside and said "Don't put that cat in my yard!!! Es grosero!!"

I then had to resort to Plan B: Dig a grave, and bury the cat in the backyard.

Here is a good picture of the moment. (Click to enlarge and witness the mangled creature. Karina, look away).

1 comment:

  1. That is sooooooooo sad! Poor kitty. I don't know why someone would let their dead cat just sit in their yard, ewwwwww. I should have looked away.

    ReplyDelete